Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Halloween Scenery at The Dollar Tree Stores

Going by a tip I read on The Minaitures Page, I headed over to my local Dollar Tree store to see their new Tombstone Corner line of scenic decorations.  This line is very similar to their Christmas village line of buildings, figures, and scenic accessories.
   I was pleasantly surprised to find some useful stuff.  The buildings are great, and nicely don't have any of the snow glopped all over them like these decorative plaster buildings so often do.  I didn't buy any, as their size is perfect for 15mm figures which I don't game with.   You can see a picture of them at the link above.
I did however find a nice set of gargoyles,  bare trees, a spooky gate, a mausoleum, and a bone gazebo; all of which I think will go super with 28mm.  In the photo below these items are shown with a 28mm Reaper Bones Wizard.
  There were some other scenic items in the store, but I felt they were scaled to big for use with 25/28mm figures.

3 comments:

  1. Nice find. I've been in the market for some goodies like those recently - I'll have to get some myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Glad to hear it's what you were looking for.

      Delete
  2. For those not near a Dollar Tree, apparently they are selling a set on their online store that has most of these pieces in it:
    http://www.dollartree.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=tombstonecorners

    ReplyDelete