After seeing the Captain America movie last year, I wanted to get a Captain America figure to use in my Pulp/Weird War WWII games. I believed that looking at the Heroclix line, and repainting one of those, would be my best bet. So after perusing the different styles of Captain America figures available I settled on this one from the recent Captain America set:
I believed it had a look that was close enough to make a convincing movie style Cap. Next I went online to find a good still photo from the movie to copy my paint scheme from, and selected this one:
I cut the Heroclix figure from it's base, and remounted it on a fender washer. I then spray primed it black using Krylon Camouflage Ultra-Flat Black with Fusion. Then I painted it using a mix of basic hobby acrylics and some GW paints.
The calm after the storm: Some painting - I mentioned in my previous post that it has been a hectic time at work. We finally ran the week-long exercise I'd been preparing last week, so I reached ...
18 hours ago