Saturday, June 23, 2012

25mm Giants for my 10mm Fantasy Armies

While at Origins a few weeks ago, I was at the Iron Wind Metals Booth where they had several boxes of assorted figures that they were selling by the ounce.  I was looking through the boxes, when I spotted a couple of these Giant figures. I really liked how they were bent over and looking down as if hitting something very small, and I immediately thought how great they would look with my current 10mm fantasy armies project.  I'm building 10mm fantasy armies for use in playtesting our upcoming "Look, Sarge, No Charts: Fantasy, Ancients, and Medieval" rules.  So, I purchased two of the Giants and finally got to paint them last week.
A unit of 10mm Games Workshop High Elves finds itself facing off against the new Giants.

I'm really pleased with how they turned out, and next to the 10mm figures you really get a sense of them being 'giant'.  The Giant figures are available on the Iron Wind Metals website, sold under the name "Giant with Mace".
I did a little bending of their mace arms to give them slightly different poses from each other.

The Giant sculpts have alot of detail, and are easy to paint up fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment