The first thing I found was this great fibrous Easter grass, that would work great for thatch, as well as grass tufts for figure bases.
Next I found these Seed Starter pots that were made from a pressed paper pulp material and had a great natural texture. I thought if I cut these down they would make a great 10mm mud hut.
|Here are the pots, by cutting them to different sizes you could make anything from a 6mm to a 15mm hut. They are a bit small to do one in 25mm, unless you want a very small hut.|
|here is one of the pots cut down, shown with a 10mm figure for scale.|
|Here is the final assembly, shown with a 10mm figure for scale.|
After all the glue had dried, I sprayed the whole thing black.
|The final paint job. Shown with some 10mm Goblins|