Monday, December 8, 2014

Quick and Easy Target X-mas Ornament Storage Tanks for 6/10/15mm Sci-Fi

Last week, when I was at Target shopping, I noticed these small plastic faceted ornaments in a tube for $1 in the bargain section they have at the front of most Target stores.  I thought they would have a number of gaming uses, the easiest and quickest of which would be as some sort of storage tanks. I think they would work for 6mm, 10mm, or 15mm.  I imagine they would also make fine smaller tanks for the larger scales.
The plastic caps pull off easily. The necks however need to be filed flat a little.

To experiment, I glued four of them to a cut down plastic card.
I then sprayed them black.
I then sprayed drybrushed them with a couple shades of tan, and applied some decals to complete the effect.
Shown with some 10mm figures.
I think these turned out well.  One thing I noticed after I completed this project, is that not all the ornament necks are the same length.  So in the future I would be more careful about matching them up to be the same height.

2 comments: