Thursday, July 23, 2015

10mm Mage-King of the Lizardmen (Games Workshop Conversion)

   This week I completed the commander-in-chief figure for my Lizardman Army: The Mage-King of the Lizardmen.  For the base of it I used the Games Workshop Lizardman "Tetto'eko" figure, which I was fortunate enough  to get a good deal on from a friend at last year's Barrage convention Flea Market.
    To make the conversion from 28mm to 10mm I did a couple modification.  First, I cut the tall feathers off of each of the side partitions to reduce the overall height appearance. And then I simply didn't add the pair of pillars that are suppose to go on the deck, and the three that are mounted underneath. After I assembled the throne, I test fit different arrangements of Pendraken 10mm Lizardmen until I found a pleasing composition.  It was then just a matter of painting the throne and its occupants.
  I am pleased with how it came out.  I think the original model is just scale-neutral enough to make a convincing king-sized 10mm throne.

6 comments:

  1. WoW! This looks even better in 10mm than in 28mm. Lizardmen have always had a place in my heart. I don't think I would spend $50 for the model though. Good to hear you got a good deal on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was presently surprised how well the 10s worked in the throne.

      Delete
  2. Cool! Makes me want to do a lizardman army. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Lizardman armies are fun. I highly recommend it. :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a clever idea! I might copy it, myself. I have the Slann figure but it looks so small and weedy by itself.

    ReplyDelete