Wednesday, July 15, 2015

10mm Mind Eaters

   This past week, I completed a warband of 10mm Mind Eaters.  Recently, I painted up a pair of  Reaper 25mm Mind Eaters and mounted them  on a base for Bear Yourselves Valiantly to represent giant Mind Eaters.  You can see that post here.
    While working on these figures, I was struck by their passing resemblance to the adrenal/toxin sacs that come with various GW Tyranid sets; and I got the idea that some of these bits might make good in-scale 10mm Mind Eaters.  So I ordered a set of them off of Ebay, and painted them up.  I think they turned out pretty good.
    I statted them up so they have ranged attacks that do Morale results only, and gave them a modifier that penalizes any troops trying to close with them or stand against their charges.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! By the way, are you at Historicon this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No, I didn't go to Historicon this year.

      Delete
  2. Ok, now you need a whole army...or at least enough to say to someone "...and you are playing the mind eaters!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't out ideas in my head! It can only lead to trouble. :-)

      Delete