In my previous blog entry I described how I had made a Venusian Amazon Cavalrywoman by using pieces from the Wargames Factory Roman Cavalry and Amazon Warrior sets, as well as mounts from a Games Workshop Lizardman Cavalry set. (See Feburry 21st, 2012 http://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2012/02/first-attempt-at-venusian-amazon.html )
Well, I finally got around to painting the first two samples for this unit, and am pleased with the results.
I decided on a yellow/tan scheme for the lizard mounts, as green is already the color of the "bad guys" Parrotmen and Lizardmen; and red I felt was a little too bold for a naturally occurring animal color. And doing a blue for the mount would make it too similar to the rider.
Once again, like the Amazon infantry I did, I raided my stock of GW decals to decorate their shields.
DBA Hoplite Battle - Taking a few pictures of my Monday night game group. We play DBA. Got to get out my Spartan Hoplites for some action in two games. About every two weeks ...
3 days ago