Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Dystopian Wars Federated States of America Fleet

I began work on a Dystopian Wars project last month by painting my first fleet. I picked the Federate States of America fleet as I liked the look of it the best. The boxed starter fleet comes with a battleship, 3 cruisers, 9 frigates, 2 bombers, and 10 tiny resin aeroplane counters. I also purchased the aircraft carrier separately
The models are mostly cast in resin, with the turrets being cast in metal. There was a bit of flash, especially on the frigates which needed to be cut away.
I began by spraying everything with a flat black primer and then drybrushing with GW Chainmail to bring out the details in the metal work. The details sculpted into these models are amazing, and really lend themselves to drybrushing. The decking was done with Americana Khaki Tan with a GW Devlan Mud Wash.
I am currently painting the Kingdom of Britannia Fleet, and will post pictures of it when I am done.



FSA Battleship






FSA Frigates






FSA Frigates






FSA Cruisers






FSA Cruisers






FSA Carrier






FSA Carrier






FSA Bombers






FSA Aeroplanes

3 comments:

  1. Good looking fleet. You made it sound like you painted them up quickly ... not something I'm good at. lol.
    Quick question: what's the background? A printed bitmap hopefully. It's looks great and I'd like to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words regarding the fleet. The background is a sheet of scrapbook paper that came with a water pattern printed on it.

    ReplyDelete