Thursday, April 20, 2023

Scratch Built Desert Buildings for "Wars of Ozz"

     As I prepare for my War of Ozz desert games with the Whim-Whim and Temujicans (Eastern Nomads) I started to think about suitable buildings to use on the table.  I wanted something vaguely Middle Eastern looking, but with an Ozzian twist.  I remembered some barbarian huts I had made for a fantasy game several years ago for which I had used seed starter pots as the basic structure, and I thought I could use that idea for Ozz. 

     So, I ordered a pack of 3.15 inch starter pots off Amazon and I got to work on a prototype.  I cut a door and window, as well as a small hole n the top; and then glued the pot to a cork coaster from a pack I picked up at my local grocery store. And also glued a small smoke pipe in the top, cut from a paper straw.  Then it was a simple matter of priming dark brown and giving it a suitable drybrushing and adding some details.   


      I finished a first prototype yesterday, and I'm pleased with how it looks.  Now I want to build about a half dozen more.  I may try some variations to mix things up a little. 





No comments:

Post a Comment