Tuesday, September 4, 2012

More 10mm Fantasy Painted

Our recent Look, Sarge, No Charts: Fantasy Ancients & Medieval playtest (see previous post), inspired me to paint some more of the 10mm fantasy figures I have on hand.  While the bulk of my forces came from the Games Workshop "Battle of Five Armies"  Warmaster set, I've also picked up some stuff from ebay, sellers on The Miniatures Page, and Eureka Miniatures.  I'm currently building High Elf, and Wood Elf armies for the "Good Guys", and Skeleton, and Goblin armies for the "Bad Guys" 
    Below are some of the figures I have finished these past two weeks. For a sense of size, the square bases are 1.5 x 1.5 inches, and the rectangular bases are 3 x 1.5 inches. You can click on any picture to see it larger.

This is a Games Workshop Elf Hero on Dragon.  This came in a lot of painted 10mm Warmaster figures I bought from  a seller on TMP, but was only partially completed. So, I finished the painting, changing some of the original colors, and did most of the detail work.

Here is another view of the Elf Hero on Dragon.  This will probably serve as the leader for my High Elf armies. The dragon is supposed to have horns at the back of its head, but they were missing when I got him, and I don't think it's that noticable that they're gone.

This is another Games Workshop figure that was part of my TMP purchase. Here again, it was only partially finished, so I completed the painting, especially the eagle which needed to be repainted completely.

Another view of the Hero riding an Eagle.

These are from Eureka's great line of 10mm Fantasy figures, and are elves riding stags.   These will be the cavalry for my Wood Elf army.  These figures are wielding bows, and I have another base of these armed with spears, that I have not finished yet.

Another view of the elves on stags.

These figures are from the Battle of Five Armies set.  They are a Goblin Chieftain and retinue, and a Goblin Shaman.

And a view of the back of the two Goblin bases.

Here is a Goblin Hero riding a wolf that is from the Battle of Five Armies set as well.

And here is a picture of the reverse side of the figure.

These figures are from Eureka, and are dryads.  They will be part of my Wood Elf army.

Here is another view of them.  I really like the Eureka 10mm line. there is a lot of detail in it as well as very dynamic poses.

And finally, another Eureka Figure.  She and the dryads came in a Woodland Creatures pack that also has some wolfhounds and a forest demi-god in it. She will be the sorceress for my Wood Elf  army.

Another view of the Sorceress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment