Those of you who read my blog will remember that a couple weeks ago I posted an article (Click Here) about some nifty microphone shaped bubble-wands I found in the toy aisle while on a trip to the local Dollar Tree store. I thought the tops had good possibility to be converted into some sort of sci-fi building for my upcoming 10mm sci-fi project. Perhaps storage tanks, or a communications center of some kind
And, so I came up with these, seen in the photo below, which were the subject of the article I linked to above. When I shared these constructions on The Minaitures Page someone asked if I had done anything with the handle parts. I hadn't, and in fact had tossed them into the recycle bin, seeing only the tops as being useful.
The question, though, became something of a challenge to me and was a bee in my bonnet. So, it wasn't long before I rescued the handles from the bin and pondered their usefulness. I immediately got the idea of some sort of towers. So I sat down at my work table, and after a little cutting and gluing, came up with this:
The central piece is a left over part from the oxygen apparatus when my Dad was in the hospital a few years ago, and it had been tossed into my parts bin. I thought it would make a nice central unit for my two towers.
I think it turned out really nice, and am pleased with the addition to my 10mm Sci-Fi scenery.
Gen Con Day Three — Setting Up
-
We have half an hour to spare in setting up for today’s games. We will be
running two six player sessions of Burrows and Badgers today. We ought to
try m...
20 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment